Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 13, 2009

SEPTEMBER MEMOIRS



- From the Gospel of LK. 4:38-44
3 points that I learned in this gospel from the homily of the Jesuit provincial father. According, to him that this gospel is good for thanksgiving mass after the ordination.
1. This gospel tells us that priest to be should be a healer (spiritual). And in healing…..we can give hope to those who are ill.
2. JESUS PRAYS: as priest to be, all my accomplishments in my ministry should be dedicated it to God my master. I should pause for a moment to thank my Master always by praying.
3. JESUS GO TO OTHER TOWN: as priest to be I should go wherever my bishops wants me to go. I must not be attached in one place. I should not stay in a place where I am comfortable but I should be also go to the place where I am not comfortable.

These 3 points are the characteristics of the priest to be. AND I DARE MYSELF!

- INTRAMS: it was a happy and gay celebration. And these were some important quotes that I learned during the celebration.
1. “SPORTS DO NOT BUILD CHARACTER: THEY REVEAL IT”
2. “A WINNER KNOWS HOW MUCH HE STILL HAS TO LEARN, EVEN WHEN HE IS CONSIDERED AN EXPERT BY OTHERS. A LOSER WANTS TO BE CONSIDERED AN EXPERT BY OTHERS, BEFORE HE HAS LEARNED ENOUGH TO KNOW HOW LITTLE HE KNOWS”

- I should have the courage and confidence to express my identity what ever circumstances.

- OUTWARD/INWARD POWER
I was struck of this phrase during the class discussion with Fr. Manol. I realized that someday I can have this power. Maybe not the same power as the apostles have but in the other way around. As priest to be my homily should be one of my forms to express this outward power of mine. It may not heal them physically but maybe it might help them to change their lives to be a better one. To own these powers I must ask God’s grace for this. I know God will not reject what I am asking to Him because it is for His own glorification. If I have these powers I know I will become effective preacher someday.

- From the Gospel of LK. 6:20-26 “THE BEATITUDES”
• Blessed those who are poor because they seek Jesus. Woe to those who are rich because they do not seek Jesus rather they seek money, power and they not be contented enough. but for those who are poor JESUS is enough.

- From the gospel of LK. 6:27-38 “LOVE YOUR ENEMIES”
• We should love our enemies because Jesus presence is hidden from these things/persons we hate. Like what the prayer of St. Francis, “MAKE ME A CHANNEL OF YOUR PEACE, WHERE HATRED LET ME BRING YOUR LOVE.”

- Accepting who you are, where you from can help you to become good shepherd and a happy priest.

- God doesn’t call people who are qualified. He calls people who are willing and then He qualifies them (Richard parker)

- From the gospel of MK. 8:27-35 “PETER’S CONFESSION ABOUT JESUS”
• Believing in Jesus and living what he teaches us is our challenge. Who is Jesus to us must be heard in what we say and be seen in what we do.

- Life is gained by losing it. Life is lost by saving it. Jesus demonstrates this on the cross.

- SD with Fr. Vir: lesson I got from my SD was that. No one can force man to grow. Like planting a tree you cannot force it to grow rather you can only abide and guide it to be straight and firm. And that’s forming a human person.

- I got a new levi’s jean from the generous heart of my best friend Ariel Quintero.

- I finished reading the whole chapter of Genesis. And starting reading the book of Exodus.

- From the gospel of JN. 3:13-17 “THE EXALTATION OF THE CROSS”
• God’s purpose in giving Jesus to the world and lifting Him up in glory was not to condemn the world. Jesus purpose was to save everyone who would believe in Him; everyone who looks upon the cross is healed.

- Ang di mag-antos di ma santos. Ang dim aka-antos pamutos.

- Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows. Since my mother’s name is also Mary that’s whay it came up into my mind to text her and ask her what are her sorrows in life as mother. Then she replied.
1. A good future for my children is my great concern as mother.
2. One present sorrows I am facing today is our financial debts incurred during school time and it is still unpaid.
3. A new debts/loan created to solve the problem. A continual utang.
4. Causes sleepless night, stress, depression that even affects my health.
5. Worried how to pay; no source of income.
6. Health-sickly body needs money
7. I want to witness your success and that is my great happiness.

- This is what I learned from the class with Fr. MAnol:
• PAGTOO- pag ‘oo’ sa +(cross)
• I was enlightened about the book of revelation. The main thought of this book is to give hope.
• Religious experience is not just a feeling. God’s revelation in ordinary days and man’s response of that experience.
• Christianity is a religion of personal encounter with God.

- MK. 9:30-37: who is the greatest? Whether you are a prince or a pauper, president or a farmer as long as you serve in truth, in love and humility, you are great.

- Only when there is faith does it finally become the truth.(dragon heat movie)

- MK. 9:38-48…Christ’s measures of goodness. 1. Real goodness goes with charity for all. 2. The value of goodness is not in the act, but from the heart. 3. Goodness edifies. 4. Eternal good is above all.

No comments:

Post a Comment